Give a gift like no other.
This special pendant contains a genuine sample of the brightest asteroid seen from Earth, Vesta!
At a diameter of 326 miles, Vesta, the brightest asteroid seen from Earth that was first identified in 1807, is only second in size to the minor dwarf planet Ceres. Vesta's southern hemisphere exhibits two gigantic craters resulting from impacts that ejected pieces of the asteroid into space between one and two billion years ago. Meteorites ejected from Vesta have been discovered on Earth, providing a wealth of scientific knowledge about the asteroid. Vesta was studied up close by NASA's Dawn spacecraft, which launched in 2007 and arrived in 2011. The spacecraft became the first to orbit a body in the region between Mars and Jupiter.
The Vesta dust contained within was collected while cutting a Vesta meteorite. The meteorite was sourced from one of the most respected collectors of planetary meteorites in the world. The meteorites we use in our pendants have been analyzed and authenticated by top experts, thus ensuring their absolute authenticity.
• Contains approx. 50mg of genuine Vesta asteroid dust
• Cap is made from solid sterling silver
• Vial is clear, strengthened glass
• Pendant measures approx. 2.8cm x 1.2cm (1.1" x 0.47")
• Includes a 20-inch sterling silver necklace
• Comes in an elegant gift box
• Includes a certificate card of authenticity
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.